Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent. |
Experience Required: Good general background and training, including some experience in dealing with elementary school age children.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Skills of administering first aid, common decision making. Knowledge of standard safety practices, first aid. Abilities to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, write up referrals to the office, adhere to schedules, be observant. Significant physical abilities include working outdoors, standing and walking for prolonged periods, stooping, reaching/handling, talking/hearing, far vision acuity/field of vision.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: TB test clearance, criminal justice fingerprint clearance.
• Monitors students during lunch periods and recesses within a variety of school environments such as restrooms, playgrounds, hallways, classrooms, library, bus stops, and cafeteria for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of students.
• Assists students during transit to and from school while crossing streets at bus stops, etc., for the purpose of ensuring student safety.
• Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students, i.e., discipline, accidents, etc., for the purpose of communicating information to teachers, nurses, and administration.
• Provides medical assistance.
• Facilitates games among students for the purpose of providing age- appropriate activities.
• Monitors the use of playground equipment for the purpose of providing age-appropriate activities for students.
• Observes that safety rules are obeyed for the purpose of ensuring student welfare.
Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District
An original TYPED classified application must be received in Human Resources by either mail or hand delivery by the closing date. Faxes and/or e-mailed applications WILL NOT be accepted. Application may be submitted to Human Resources, 12797 Third St, Yucaipa, Ca 92399.