You may have; only a few times in your career, when something truly special happens and are given the opportunity to be a part of this greatness.
In 2013 Healthways entered into an exclusive partnership with Dean Ornish, M.D., to operate and license his Lifestyle Management Programs. Dr. Ornish’s programs, combined with Healthways’ well-being improvement platform, will enable the Company to comprehensively leverage proven lifestyle behavior change programs that serve the purpose of preventing, treating and reversing certain chronic diseases.
The Ornish program has proven effective against coronary artery disease. Healthways will now train and certify health systems, health plans, hospitals and physician groups, allowing them to deliver programs that can manage and help reverse the progression of chronic diseases.
We are currently recruiting for Site Delivery teams in many cities across the country. Please apply here and when we have a need in your specific city we will contact you to begin the interview process, if your background is a good match.
The Ornish Program is provided by a collaborative, synergistic, interdisciplinary team. Team members embody key principles of the Program. We are currently recruiting for the following role:
STRESS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes, supervises, and delivers the stress management portion of the Program per guidelines and protocol.
- Monitors stress management adherence for all participants.
- Provides stress management counseling on an individual basis as needed.
- Provides support in developing the skills necessary for integrating stress management practices into daily life.
- Provides support to staff related to all aspects of the stress management element.
- Monitors stress management adherence for all participants and provides individualized guidance as needed.
- Performs other Program duties as necessary.
- Participates in team and network stress management-related conference calls.
- Facilitates high level of participant satisfaction.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Assists the Program Director’s efforts to actively promote the Program to prospective participants, health care professionals and health plans to meet pre-determined participant enrollment objectives.
- Delivers Ornish stress management guidelines lectures per protocol.
- Serves as a role model for all elements of the Program.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team development of a plan of care for each participant.
- Participates in the monitoring, documentation, and communication of the participant’s response to the interdisciplinary team plan of care throughout the Program.
- Participates in weekly clinical team meetings
- Participates in mandatory monthly modality specialist call
- Provides support to Ornish Alumni Community as needed
LICENSES, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Certification (500 hour yoga teacher certification with a minimum of 5 years teaching experience OR 200 hour yoga teacher certification with a minimum of 8 years teaching experience) from a traditional yoga teacher-training program (i.e., Integral Yoga Institute, Ananda, Sivananda, Kripalu, American Yoga College or Himalayan Institute Centers), or other school with a Yoga Therapy focus or comparable training and teaching experience.
- Training in breathing techniques, the science and practice of meditation, yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology, and thorough background in the physical postures of Hatha yoga.
- Additional training experience in a retreat or residential format is preferred.
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) through the National Yoga Alliance required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
- Excellent leadership and adult education skills.
- Actively practices the postures, meditation, breathing techniques and Program lifestyle.
- Serve as a role model by embodying the principles and practices being taught.
- Sensitivity to participant needs.
- Previous experience with medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology, and cardiovascular disease, or the willingness to learn.
- Certification in BLS or CPR is required.
- Desire and ability to work in a participative team-oriented environment.
For health insurers, healthy plan members are cheap plan members; that's where Healthways comes in. The health services company...