GRADE: A/B 15
OBJECTIVE: To supervise and direct children/youth in
residential or day care program, assist with the record
keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall
care and well being of the children/youth in the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
Essential functions for all programs:
• Supervise and positively interact with children/youth.
• Engage in and supervise age appropriate play
activities with children/youth.
• Direct children/ youth in eating, resting and hygiene.
• Conduct oneself as a "role model" for children/youth;
provide appropriate direction of children/youth in their
daily routine; give children/youth positive
reinforcement as appropriate.
• Maintain complete and accurate daily records and
report suspected child abuse/neglect as mandated by law.
• Implement behavior modification techniques as
• Attend staff meetings and/or training as required.
• Maintain the order, safety, cleanliness of the
facility and grounds.
• Transport children/youth as necessary.
• Participate in the quality improvement process.
• This list of essential functions is not intended to be
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements
Additional essential functions specific to residential
• Dispense medication to children/youth as instructed.
• Provide first aid treatment as necessary.
• Prepare meals utilizing provided menus.
• Conduct and document required fire drills.
• Responsible for housekeeping and laundry; supervise
children/youth in assisting with chores.
• Maintain company vehicle in clean condition and good
• Provide Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) to
clients under the direction and supervision of the
• Provide daily living and social skills to clients as
part of the BHOS treatment plan.
• Maintain familiarization with BHOS documentation
requirements and patient rights.
• Respond to special clinical circumstances of BHOS
clients including behavioral and medical emergencies.
• Participates in ongoing training and consultation with
the BHOS treatment team. Document all BHOS services and
maintain other related BHOS records.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience or TOP Model Training
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- One year experience
- Previous experience working with abuse, neglect and
special needs children
- 30 hours Department of Children and Families
- CPR (infant and child), First Aid, CNA or CDA
- Crisis prevention/intervention training
- Ability to provide affection, security and continuity
in the care of children
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
- Ability to handle confidential issues appropriately
- Must have the energy and flexibility to meet the
changing needs of children/youth
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make sound
- Ability to observe individuals and report accurate
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients
and effectively interact with clients from diverse
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening
- Ability to intervene decisively when necessary to
- Ability to transport clients
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification. CPI skills or
equivalent CHS approved behavioral management system
NEEDED: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping, reaching,
PREFERRED: repetitive climbing
Children's Home Society of Florida - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard