Job Description:PROGRAM NAME:|
GRADE: A/B 15
OBJECTIVE: To supervise and direct children/youth in
residential or day care program, assist with the record
keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall
care and well being of the children/youth in the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:Essential functions for all programs:
activities with children/youth.
- Supervise and positively interact with children/youth.
- Engage in and supervise age appropriate play
provide appropriate direction of children/youth in their
- Direct children/ youth in eating, resting and hygiene.
- Conduct oneself as a "role model" for children/youth;
daily routine; give children/youth positive
reinforcement as appropriate.
report suspected child abuse/neglect as mandated by law.
- Maintain complete and accurate daily records and
- Implement behavior modification techniques as
facility and grounds.
- Attend staff meetings and/or training as required.
- Maintain the order, safety, cleanliness of the
exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves
- Transport children/youth as necessary.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- This list of essential functions is not intended to be
the right to revise this job description as needed to
comply with actual job requirements
Additional essential functions specific to residential
children/youth in assisting with chores.
- Dispense medication to children/youth as instructed.
- Provide first aid treatment as necessary.
- Prepare meals utilizing provided menus.
- Conduct and document required fire drills.
- Responsible for housekeeping and laundry; supervise
- Maintain company vehicle in clean condition and good
clients under the direction and supervision of the
- Provide Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) to
part of the BHOS treatment plan.
- Provide daily living and social skills to clients as
requirements and patient rights.
- Maintain familiarization with BHOS documentation
clients including behavioral and medical emergencies.
- Respond to special clinical circumstances of BHOS
the BHOS treatment team. Document all BHOS services and
- Participates in ongoing training and consultation with
maintain other related BHOS records.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience or TOP Model Training
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
special needs children
- One year experience
- Previous experience working with abuse, neglect and
- 30 hours Department of Children and Families
- CPR (infant and child), First Aid, CNA or CDA
- Crisis prevention/intervention training
in the care of children
- Ability to provide affection, security and continuity
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with
changing needs of children/youth
- Ability to handle confidential issues appropriately
- Must have the energy and flexibility to meet the
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make sound
- Ability to observe individuals and report accurate
and effectively interact with clients from diverse
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening
- Ability to intervene decisively when necessary to
equivalent CHS approved behavioral management system
- Ability to transport clients
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification. CPI skills or
NEEDED: sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending/stooping, reaching,
PREFERRED: repetitive climbing
Children's Home Society of Florida - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard