We are looking for individuals interested in working at our Norwich, CT location. The Youth Development Specialist will have an educational or an employment focus.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Accepts new assignments, establishes the first point of contact, reviews the Pathways model, and builds trust with each referred youth.
- Develops Individualized Service Plan (ISP) to address the youth’s barriers, short and long-term education and employment goals, influences, and future aspirations.
- Provides proactive solutions and resources; as well as, empowers the youth to work towards reducing barriers.
- Establishes specific measurable youth driven short-term and long-term goals on the ISP.
- Conducts formal assessments with each youth enrolled (CASAS and Harrington O’Shea).
- Identifies and communicates significant caseload abnormalities during monthly case management review sessions with the YDS Supervisor.
- Meets departmental goals and organizational outcomes.
- Researches community resources and services based on youth’s needs. Empowers the youth and families to access services.
- Evaluates, facilitates, documents, and monitors youth progression to established goals and objectives.
- Maintains complete and accurate records to properly track the youth’s membership until Pathways completion.
- Inputs timely and accurate data into the information management system as outlined in the Process Manual.
- Provides crisis intervention to assigned caseload.
- Engages weekly with youth through the following methods- email, telephone, face-to-face, and social networking, etc.
- Perform home and/or site visits as needed.
- Achieves organizational standards: engagement, participation, completion, and retention rates.
- Utilizes automated and other data systems effectively and efficiently.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
- Will be responsible for transportation to and from visits.
- Demonstrates team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships.
- Defines problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrates initiative; strive to continually improve processes and relationships.
- Serve as member’s advocate, assessing and assuring that quality care is given.
- Accomplishes tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field required (i.e. Social Work, Psychology).
- Two-three years of experience working in case management environment with a particular focus on youth and/or young adults ages 14-24.
- Proficient in use of computer technology primarily Microsoft WORD & EXCEL.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Valid CT driver’s license and reliable transportation and/or own vehicle
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, at times the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Indeed - 23 months ago