The Youth Program Coordinator will provide overall team leadership, direction, supervision, and accountability for quality recreation, academic and enrichment services and adherence to youth development principles for program functions of assigned Navigators.
- BA/BS Degree in related field or two years' experience in recreation or afterschool programs.
- Two years of supervisory experience in recreational or after school programs.
- Experience in delivery of high quality recreation or afterschool education services.
- Demonstrated awareness of, strength based sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstration of commitment to and competence for dealing with children and families.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate verbally, in writing, in a supervisory relationship, in meetings, with team members and members of the community.
- Familiarity with the needs of Kin Families.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Available to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid California driver's license, a clear driving record, availability of personal vehicle in good working order to be used on LCC business, and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services.
Physical fitness with the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, drop to one knee and get back up. No physical restrictions that would prevent the employee from safely and efficiently performing assigned duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all youth and family events; Ensure program operates within guidelines of effective youth development principles.
- Develops systems and processes to meet and monitor contract deliverables and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities related to family events, and youth programs and services.
- Responsible for supervision and evaluation of Kin Navigators and volunteers.
- Insures staff compliance with all internal and external evaluation, reporting and documentation requirements. Prepare program reports as needed.
- Responsible for regular scheduled weekly individual and group supervision with supervisees. Build supportive climate for team effectiveness.
- Participates in and directly observes program through regular and frequent oversight of program staff and volunteers.
- Participates in program evaluation as needed.
- Collaborates with external partners and other LCC agency staff to serve Kinship families.
- Participates in all Kinship Support Services program and administrative meetings as indicated.
- Represents agency at public and assigned functions.
- Instructs staff and volunteers concerning all LCC safety policies, procedures, and rules, and enforcing these within work group. Ensure that staff attends all required safety and LCC training sessions. Require immediate reporting of all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work related injuries.
- Executes duties in accordance with Agency and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lincoln Child Center - 18 months ago