The Zoning Specialist II is responsible for managing the timely zoning deliverables within the site acquisition process. The Zoning Specialist must be able to develop a zoning strategy for each of the assigned sites in each zoning jurisdiction. The candidate must be able to develop and implement zoning procedures to expedite the zoning milestones. |
Integrity & Trust
Job Requirements :
- Review and interpret Scope of Work
- Represent WFI in positive manner to jurisdictions and client.
- Train, reinforce and administer all aspects of the WFI Zoning Processes to the Zoning Team.
- Prioritize sites for the Leasing Specialist in accordance with the zoning requirements for each candidate site.
- Provide guidance regarding zoning strategy for specific sites and jurisdictions. Schedule and attend regular site status meetings when needed. Review the project status with Project Manager and ensure Tracking Tool is updated as required.
- Develop zoning strategy for sites on an ongoing basis.
- Provide site updates and milestones projections to the project manager.
- Coordinate with Site Acquisition Manager and Site Acquisition Specialist on the status and priority of sites.
- Monitor the performance of each Zoning Specialist. Review timesheets and expense reports for conformance with WFI Document policies. Administer approved incentive plans and/or disciplinary actions.
- Attend and represent the client at community meetings, administrative hearings and public hearings required to obtain zoning approval.
- Perform all the duties of a Zoning Specialist II, as required on a given project.
- Facilitate communication and coordinate reviews and “handoffs” with RF Engineering, Leasing, Construction or any other disciplines or vendors involved.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Urban Planning or law is preferred. A Business Administration degree is acceptable: 2+ years of experience in wireless site acquisitions or 3+ years as either an urban planner, environmental planner or land use attorney; equivalent combination of education and experience .
Ability to travel as required
Comfortable in self-directed environment
Ability to direct others
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Understanding of Outlook and the Internet
Ability to maintain confidentiality essential
Ability to read and interpret documents such as zoning codes and zoning filing requirements. Must be able to write coherent routine reports and persuasive, succinct business letters including letter of justification for zoning applications. Must effectively communicate the ZS strategy and motivate the ZS team.
The employee will work remotely but must be willing to travel as needed and attend meetings when required. Project offices are typically informal with few amenities. The employee will spend the majority of his time in the project office, but will also spend time in the field visiting local jurisdictions and may require the use of his/her car for daily for work issues. The ZM will attend and represent our client a public zoning hearings. The zoning hearings frequently are held after normal working day and can last into the late evening. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
LCC - 22 months ago