General Purpose: In a few brief sentences summarize the primary duties and responsibilities.
To assist the store management in retail responsibilities, financial transactions, and provide excellent service to customers and donors in retail store location
Essential Functions: Describe the intrinsic job duties that define the core responsibilities of the job.
· Be willing to cross-train in all positions
· Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification, distinguish colors, read price tags, and credit / debit print outs.
· Be able to stock shelves and hang goods on clothing racks.
· Answer questions regarding the store, and its merchandise.
· Describe merchandise and explain use
· Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
· Climb a ladder when necessary to clean windows, change air filters, and stock shelves.
· Ensure excellent cleanliness of the store, including restrooms, donation center, and back room.
· Provide assistance in loss prevention procedures and assist store managers in internal and external loss prevention efforts.
· Ability to use our POS system.
· Ability to account for transactions of cash, credit cards, and gift certificate transactions.
· Ensure all Loss/Prevention policies are met and carried out.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements: Describe the skills, knowledge and abilities required. Include minimum educational and experience requirements and preferences.
· High school education preferred and/no prior experience necessary.
· Ability to accept responsibility and accountability of one’s actions.
· Ability to comprehend and complete assigned tasks in an efficient pace.
· Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others and a high quality of appearance.
· Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly.
· Ability to read and write.
· Ability to handle cash, credit cards, and gift certificate transactions.
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised: Where applicable describes level of authority, decision making discretion, consequences of actions, supervisory and fiscal responsibility. Provide metrics where possible. Level of supervision received.
Special Working Conditions: Describe unusual working conditions or environmental factors.
Scheduled days off may vary and are subject to change. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Must be willing to work at nearby other retail stores of our organizations at manager’s discretion, if the need arises.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, reach, lift, carry, push, pull, and etc.
- Ability to perform any actions necessary to perform work duties.
- Ability to move work loads up to fifty (50) pounds.