director, information architecture/user experience
The director, information architecture/user experience is responsible for overseeing the requirements gathering, information architecture, wireframing, and site mapping, prototyping and functional specification requirements for all interactive projects. At (add)ventures, information architects are central to our web development approach since they shape and create the user experience for websites, authenticated customer applications, and mobile applications. The right individual should have the experience to meet with clients, perform, supervise and approve associated information architect responsibilities with a goal of growing and managing informational architects and the UX team as the business grows.
Reports to: vp, interactive/digital marketing
- Supervising, reviewing, guiding and approving the work of other information architects, including staff and contractors.
- Meeting with Clients for requirements gathering, presenting best practices, and showcasing project results
- Designing the information architecture and user interface for client projects, including web sites, mobile apps, intranets and other software applications
- Creating internal and external deliverables including conceptual diagrams, site maps, user flows, page schematics, wireframes, content inventories, detailed functional specifications, and detailed functional prototypes
- Reading, understanding and translating functional specifications and technical design artifacts including use cases, sequence diagrams, and data model diagrams into a UI design
- Conducting competitive market analysis and user research to develop site/application strategy and identify stakeholders
- Employing user-centered design methodologies to determine the functional requirements for our client's websites, mobile and social media applications
- Hiring, managing and mentoring junior IA team members.
- Degree or educational background in information architecture, human-computer interaction, information design, marketing, or experience in a related field
- Six or more years of experience leading the information architecture / user experience on high level and complex web or mobile interfaces
- Two or more years of managerial/supervisory experience in leading an information architecture / user experience team
- Strong understanding of information architecture, web user experience principles, user-centered design processes and a demonstrated interest in user-centered design, interactive design and cognitive psychology
- Ability to work and think creatively in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects and with multiple project teams
- Participation in firm cross-training exercises and internal professional development retreats and programs
- Embraces agency culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace
- Works diligently and ethically toward the achievement of agency mission and vision statement
- Meets assigned billable goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship
Our culture rewards:
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
If you are interested in joining our creative family please send a resume and letter of interest, including salary requirements, using “director, information architecture/user experience" on the outside of the envelope or in the subject line of your email.
117 chapman street
providence, ri 02905
Sorry - no relocation or visa sponsorship available.
Indeed - 17 months ago
(add)ventures is a multidisciplinary digital brand communications firm headquartered in Providence, RI with offices in New York City, Miami,...