This position is responsible for assisting with management of interactive product development cycle from initial concept to final delivery that supports the website tactical and strategic goals for Norwegian Cruise Line.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Director, e-Commerce to determine priority and set expectations for departments across the organization for maintenance and enhancements to the website, Make recommendations based on understanding of business drivers (such as sales, leads, cost savings) using good business and financial judgment.
- Identify key opportunities for improvement to the website by reviewing internal web analytics/data warehouse data, analyzing the website customer behavior/preferences, researching industry trends, evaluating competitive landscape, and assessing customer feedback to provide a leading website experience.
- Identify key performance metrics, competitive benchmarking and market analysis by utilizing web analytics and data warehouse. Present key insights to e-Commerce Director and ensure analysis results and findings drive next actions to improve the e-Commerce business making sure a ROI analysis is performed. Generate ad hoc analysis and surveys to support e-Commerce initiatives.
- Interact with IT development resources to ensure delivery meets business objectives in an agile environment.
- Define and document complex business requirements that take into consideration both front-end and back-end integration. Work with technical development team to provide deep clarity on product requirements by creating the necessary deliverables to create and manage Norwegian's e-Commerce initiative.
- Coordinate project communication with both business and technology project teams, proactively identifies critical success factors, and ensures a high degree of product delivery integrity for all dependent stakeholders through the use of face to face meetings, telephone conversations, and e-mail. This will set expectations throughout the organization for the delivery timeline of e-Commerce initiatives.
- Work with technical quality assurance professionals and business end users to ensure testing is complete and end-user acceptance is done to make sure product is working as designed. Coordinates user acceptance testing initiatives when necessary.
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, e-commerce, computer science or related field of study.
- 2-4 years' experience in an e-commerce environment; minimum of 2 years' experience in product marketing, product management or business analyst.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of tools such data warehouse, Rational Tool Concert, and some Content Management Systems (Minimum 2 years' experience).
- Expert knowledge of Web Analytics Tools (Omniture Site Catalyst Preferred).
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Internet technologies, development applications, and supportive protocols, including: HTML; XML; FLASH; SSL; Web Services; AJAX; RSS.
- Strong knowledge of database principles and data warehouse mining.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of user interface and user experience development for web-based products, as well as experience with planning and conducting user-based research.(Minimum 1 year experience)
- Familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the IT and business organizations, interfacing with those departments to create and promote the e-Commerce business.
- Experience in strategic planning and application of technology to business opportunities, measuring success, and prioritizing future rounds of enhancements.
- Intermediate knowledge (minimum 2 years of experience) of Project Management Tools and Software: MS Visio and MS Project.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to work closely and communicate well with diverse groups, including project team members, peers, and senior management.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify key performance metrics, build dashboards, competitive benchmarking and market analysis.
Information Technology - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard