About Sabre Airline Solutions
Sabre Airline Solutions® operates the industry’s largest Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business, with an innovative reservations system, commercial planning and operations software used by more than 300 airlines and over 100 airports around the world. More than 300 million passengers are put on airplanes every year using our technology. We are committed to providing a superior user experience and reinforce our product with localized customer support all over the globe.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The position involves supporting the Airline Solutions eCommerce Development, Testing, Certification and production, environments. This person will be responsible for designing and supporting solutions which allow our software products to be developed, built, deployed, and tested in the most efficient manner possible. In this role, you will contribute to the eCommerce Team by providing exceptional services in support of global eCommerce developer community, deploying code releases into production using tested and repeatable methods, while maintaining the industry leading site availability and SLA goals.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As an eCommerce Team member, you will perform a variety of technical and non-technical functions in helping to grow the eCommerce Developer Services organization in particular and the eCommerce Dev Ops team in general. You must therefore possess both solid interpersonal communication and technical skills as you oversee the introduction of new functionality and services into the production environment.
Technically, you will be required to demonstrate a firm command of *nix operating systems, expert shell and Perl scripting, general network protocols/topologies, and associated performance assessment techniques. You must further demonstrate an advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic aptitude in support of online production environments and myriad web technologies. For instance, an ideal candidate would have practical working knowledge in both design and implementation techniques required of technology such as Apache, Tomcat, Squid, Oracle, network load balancing, clustering, and high availability and performance concepts. Real world experience with implementing any open source or commercial monitoring product(s) is desirable.
Soft skills are mandatory for this position. The candidate must be willing and able to regularly communicate with audiences that include developers or management. Proficiency to articulate advanced technical concepts in lay man’s terms is preferred. The individual must be able to engage customers to gather requirements, determine technical points of interest, document diagnostic, recovery and notification/escalation processes.
Finally, we’re excited about welcoming a new, enthusiastic and passionate contributor to our team!
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline
SPECIALIST/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, APTITUDE
At least 5 years experience demonstrating
· Strong Shell / Perl scripting experience
· Strong experience with subversion version control system
· Strong ability to use, configure and run Apache Maven build systems.
· Strong experience with Continuous Integration
· Strong analytical skills.
At least 3 years experience demonstrating
· Familiarity with java development tools
· Familiarity with Web and Application Servers including Apache and JBoss
· Familiarity with *nix commands commensurate with a junior *nix Systems Administrator
· Travel Industry Knowledge
· Java Development Experience
· Oracle Database Management System knowledge
ABILITIES / PERSONALITY
· A passion for the web and the potential of e-commerce
· Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail.
· Proactive team player
· Self motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
· Work to tight deadlines with a ‘can do’ attitude
· Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more than 1...