Walmart is in an exciting phase of growth where are trying to Transform the Business by enabling multi-channel retailing to drive optimal performance by integrating merchandise management process into a single enterprise-wide information system
We're forming a new team to create an automated merchandizing & eSourcing platform, which is a single, integrated, centralized solution for retail requirements from merchandising through store operations, point-of-sale and workforce management. This will quickly enable retailers to drive sales, margins and cash flow by getting the right products to the right place at the right time.
We are a small agile team of highly motivated and smart people who are working on innovating to make the search/shopping experience on Wal-Mart’s online, mobile and physical stores more visual and intuitive. We are building out a great online product powered by unique big data mining technologies, which enable discovery-using algorithms that rank results via social signals from around the web.
Lead Java Generalist
• help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, the web and mobile, with social identity being the glue
• work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• work with Ruby, RoR, Java and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @WalmartLabs product ecosystem
• help the team leverage and contribute to open source software whenever possible
• be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
• 6+ Demonstrated expertise developing Core Java applications ( Java 1.6 or later )
• 6+ Experienced in J2EE development and web service development.
• 3+ Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Python and other scripting languages
• 3+ Experience using web MVC frameworks like Backbone.js, Angular.js
• 3+ Experience with Node.js or the ability to get great at it in a couple weeks
• 5+ Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
• 5+ Experience developing web applications ( Spring MVC, RESTful, SOAP, Jersey, RestEasy, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Web Services, Struts, JSP )
• 5+ Experience with database tools ( JPA, Hibernate, TopLink, JDBC )
• 5+ Experience working with databases like Oracle, MySQL
• Proven ability to find creative solutions, juggle multiple concurrent projects, release rapidly and ship elegant, customer-centric applications
• Has worked across all levels of the technology stack
• Has worked on Agile teams and loves the process of continuous improvement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Big Data analytics ( NoSQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchDB, MapReduce, Mahout, Oracle Exadata, SAS ) is a plus!
Walmartlabs - 15 months ago