Tinder is a fun new way to meet people. Tinder finds out who likes you nearby, and connects you with them if you're also interested. The whole Tinder experience is designed to be familiar and emulate the way we interact in real life—digitally reproduced, enhanced, and made mobile.
We're a small team that's growing fast! The projects on our plate are amazing, and we're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneur, we want to talk to you!
As a Tinder Database Engineer, you will:
We're looking for:
- Deploy exciting new Tinder features
- Help us scale to meet the extraordinary Tinder demand
- Create DevOps tools and frameworks
- Design and build noSQL solutions that are both highly available and highly performing, ensuring 100% uptime of Tinder for all users across the world
- Support the development team in building features that perform at scale
- Troubleshoot database-related application performance issues and implement solutions
- Assist in the administration, management, and monitoring of all noSQL and Mongo database systems
- Support various internal users in forming optimal queries to fulfill their ad-hoc and reporting data needs
- Develop scripts and tools to support any or all of the above
What's in it for you:
- Strong noSQL experience
- Experience with MongoDB administration and scaling, ideally in a highly available, high traffic system
- Query analysis & testing
- SQL skills (a plus!)
- Redis (a plus!)
- AWS (a plus!)
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school is preferred, but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.
- Passion for creating great products and solving unique problems
Want to join our team?
- Competitive salary plus hefty equity compensation
- Phenomenal health coverage, 401K, gym discounts, software discounts, free drinks, snacks, and a lot more
- A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup (many of us come from venture-backed startups, and we can all attest to this!), with the handy resources of a technology/new media giant
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like
- Great amenities within a great building, and a colorful/creative work environment
- Send us your resume and let us know why you're excited to work for Tinder: http://tinder.theresumator.com/apply/1x87d8/Database-Engineer-NoSQL-MongoDB.html?source=Match
Tinder - 12 months ago
Tinder Box has been around since 1928, and due to our legendary ties to the world's oldest and most respected cigar makers we are truly...