Job Summary: Prepares and conducts ballroom dance classes for elderly students, including coordinating the curriculum, schedule, instruction, supervision, and supplies for classes.
1. Teach ball room classes to seniors, including the very frail and the disabled, meeting all requirements and guidelines set forth by the Center and/or Agency.
2. Develop teaching materials, and exercise curriculum, and otherwise prepare class materials.
3. Ensure the safety of the students.
4. Record attendance and record contributions (if any), collect contributions and deliver money and records to the administration office.
5. Elicit participants’ recommendations to improve the class; meet with Social Work Staff to determine satisfaction and implementation of new ideas and addresses any specific needs of membership.
6. Mediate any disputes that may arise within group, and communicate any needs or complaints of the students to the Program Director.
7. Engage and recruit new students as appropriate.
8. Meet with Program Director to plan and develop programs, and otherwise discuss program ideas, issues, and receive feedback.
9. Call the center staff in advance when unable to come to work.
10. Perform other duties as needed or requested.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: At least one year related traditional dance instruction experience and/or training in related area. BA Degree in Education preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: traditional dance Instructor or related certification preferred.
At least one year experiences in working with seniors.
Selfhelp - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard