The specialist, pr/strategy position is responsible for development, management and implementation of campaigns across all of our aligned dynamic disciplines, including public relations, social media, marketing, video, and interactive. This position supports business development efforts through prospect research and reports as well as drafting and development of proposals and presentations.
Reports to: director, pr/media
- Participate in public relation campaigns and projects which include strategy and creative initiatives.
- Utilize social media technologies to advance strategic objectives for various communications initiatives.
- Assist with overall marketing strategy for assigned clients, including research on clients and their competitors.
- Initiate and cultivate new business opportunities by networking, community involvement and targeting specific industry-related prospects.
- Coordinate on-going project requests and fulfillment for active pr and social media projects including, but not limited to, press releases, press events and other special events.
- Collaborate with other staff members on the development of proposals and other projects related to garnering new business
- Ensure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention to potential problems before they occur.
- Take initiative to build and develop pr and social media skills
- Participate in firm cross-training exercises and internal professional development retreats and programs.
- Embrace the firm’s culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace.
- Work diligently and ethically toward the achievement of the firm’s mission and guiding principles.
- Complete timely and accurate timesheets.
- Meet assigned billable goals.
- Abide by and adhere to all employee policies as detailed in employee manual.
- Other duties as required.
- Have fun, make money.
- A B.S. or B.A. in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or Political Science required.
- Expertise in social media platforms with knowledge of their use, offerings and analytics.
- Public relations capabilities to achieve various pr, marketing and communications objectives.
- Knowledge of digital media and the ability to effectively communicate through the various channels, including, but not limited to, web, video, radio, mobile and television.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with client contacts.
- Proficient grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated web-based research skills.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship.
- An appreciation for branding, marketing and good communications.
Our culture rewards:
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work autonomously or in groups
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
If you are interested in joining our creative family, please send a resume and letter of interest, including salary requirments, using "specialist, pr/strategy" in the subject line of your email:
117 chapman street
providence, ri 02905
(401) 453-0095 fax
(add)ventures - 17 months ago