specialist, videography/technology is responsible for capturing and recording videos relating to our client/partner business initiatives. The specialist, videography/technology also works as part of the creative team to produce video and animation services that inform, inspire, recruit and retain brand stakeholders along with various technology issues.
Reports to: vp, video/animation
- Videotaping program material for production using video camera equipment; making technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone; receiving explicit instructions regarding assignment.
- Editing and assembling final visual/audio program material; ensuring consistency and relevancy to production; monitoring technical quality of end product.
- Post-Production Media Management of moving pictures projects. Maintain and administrate archive system of digital assets utilizing MetaSan.
- Maintaining an accurate and up to date inventory of departmental hardware and software.
- Assisting a producer/director regarding preconceived ideas and physical realities of production setting.
- Testing all equipment to determine technical quality of recording, audio and lighting apparatus prior to operation in the field.
- Overseeing the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing.
- Helping to evaluate the firm’s Moving Pictures services; recommending areas where improvement is needed; and developing plans for achieving that improvement.
- Participating in identifying new Moving Pictures marketing opportunities and recommending them to the New Business Team.
- Advising Client Service teams in developing all client Moving Pictures marketing plans.
- Assisting in the coordination planning and production of all Moving Pictures projects.
- Staying abreast of new developments in Moving Pictures media technology, trends and changes to ensure the firm remains at the forefront of Moving Pictures services, including equipment, software & plug-ins.
- Offering production support to client projects involving Moving Pictures projects.
- Other IT duties as required.
- Participating in firm cross-training exercises and internal professional development retreats and programs.
- Embracing the firm’s culture and contribute to a fun, supportive, productive and energetic workplace.
- Representing the firm at professional functions.
- Working diligently and ethically toward the achievement of the firm’s mission and vision statement.
- Completing timely and accurate timesheets.
- Meeting assigned billable goals.
- Abiding by and adhering to all employee polices as detailed in employee manual.
- Have fun, make money.
Our culture rewards:
- Minimum B.S in Communications, Film, Television or of equal experience.
- 3-5 years minimum of experience in video, film, HD Production and Post.
- Must have interactive media experience, including strategy development, video production management, video marketing and promotion, and client service experience.
- A thorough understanding of digital video and media software is essential. Must have minimum working knowledge of post production software, including, but not limited to:
- Final Cut Pro and/or Avid
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Compressor or equivalent compression technologies
- DVD Studio Pro
- Soundtrack Pro and/or Pro Tools
- Must have working knowledge of production gear, including but not limited to:
- XDCAM or equivalent tapeless media workflows
- Prime lens selection
- Kino Flo, Arri lighting
- An appreciation for branding, marketing and good communications.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship.
If you are interested in joining our creative family, please send a resume and letter of interest, including salary requirements, using "specialist, videography/technology" on the outside of the envelope or in the subject line of your email:
- Energy, creativity and enthusiasm
- Team based leadership
- A good sense of humor
- A passionate commitment to serve clients, co-workers and community
- Loyalty and integrity
117 chapman street
providence, ri 02905
(401) 453-0095 fax
Sorry - no relocation or visa sponsorship available.
(add)ventures - 18 months ago