Posting Title vCloud Service Provider Solutions Architect-Palo Alto, CA About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Job Description The Charter of the VMware Global Centers of Excellence (Global CoE) is to work directly with Product Development and Field/Partner Sales & Delivery organizations to incubate and help bring to market the next generation of deep technical architectures, solutions and services. The VMware GCoE has three main areas of focus: 1) advanced product and solution incubation development well in advance of market availability, 2) co-selling / co-delivery with the field on emerging solutions, services, and escalations, and 3) continuous knowledge exchange of advanced solutions, design considerations, lessons learned and best practices between all key stakeholders in VMware and Partner Communities.
The vCloud Service Provider Solutions Architect will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise with regards to Public and Hybrid Cloud opportunities involving VMware Service Provider and Telecommunication customers. The individual will interface directly with the customer as well as being the technical liaison with VMware’s partners in designing and validating vCloud solutions and architectures. In addition to technical architecture support, the vCloud Solutions Architect will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering as the field representative on the support and development of current and future vCloud initiatives.
You will document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base as best practices for customers and partners. You will develop technical solutions focused on the entire vCloud Suite product line and capture or create technical IP to support these solutions. You will obtain product and feature consumption feedback from customers and partners and share it with Product Management and directly contribute to future product and feature development. You will establish a strong partnership with Product Management and Engineering and act in an oversight role to ensure strong bilateral communication to ensure field readiness with new product directions and capabilities.
You will be expected to regularly appear as a speaker at VMware and industry events, such as VMworld and Partner Exchange.
- Architect and develop Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions and services based on current hands-on knowledge of the VMware product line, storage, networking, management, and associated customer business processes. Specific emphasis on Service Provider market
- Present VMware’s vCloud Suite vision, strategy and product roadmaps to customer and partner executives and VMware technical leadership.
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for cloud in the product incubation phase and during the development of emerging solutions and services.
- Be the subject matter expert to deliver technical assistance for field and partner engagements in managing or consulting on Global CoE focus areas regarding initial implementations for emerging solutions and service offerings
- Develop and maintain technical and business expertise of Cloud industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware’s vCloud Suite products and solutions. Be the conduit back to the field for enablement and readiness for updates and changes to the product roadmap.
- Document service toolkits, best practices & architectural references for developing and deploying VMware Service Provider Cloud solutions
- Provide training on emerging solutions and services offerings for Field Specialists & Consultants and Partner Sales & Delivery organizations
- Recent experience with design, implementation and support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS highly desired.
- 7+ years of infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical cross-functional integration projects at large Service Provider, Hosting and Telecommunication companies. Engagement experience should include IT strategy initiatives, middleware implementations, and leveraging overall technical architecture knowledge across multiple industries.
- The individual should have extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management and business continuity. Expert level knowledge of x86 operating systems, advanced networking, storage architectures and programming experience is desirable
- Proven design and delivery of large-scale/complex deployments of multi-VMware & 3rd-party product architectures
- Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer-facing and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product / solution technologies at or before market introduction
- Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange within peer communities through mentoring, workshops, direct customer engagements and official training forums
- Demonstrated technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
- “Start-up" creativity and execution - enthusiasm, technical credibility without hubris, and follow-through
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- Demonstrated experience and deep understanding of industry capabilities and trends within area of focus
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" through strong listening and question-based selling skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong consulting soft skills and tactful conflict management skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
- Software development skills are a plus
Requisition Number 39305BR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- VMware Certified Profession (VCP) or higher (VCAP, VCDX). Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
VMware - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...