- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze data and create reports using PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Ability to nest multiple functions together to create dynamic formulas
- Ability to create custom visualizations using combo charts, form controls, and formula-driven ranges and formatting rules
- Multiple Choice
Beyond tracking metrics and operations information, data has the capacity to shape future goals and company direction. An employee who can collect, arrange, and represent data accurately will enable their employers to make sound decisions regarding the company’s goals based on project, client, or operations data. An advanced Microsoft Excel user will know how to use multiple Excel functions, charts, and tables, and create formulas to format, isolate, generate, or highlight key information.
Hiring a candidate with the ability to organize, extract, and present precise data via Microsoft Excel is critical to several administrative and analytical roles. Knowing which skills a candidate can or cannot perform will help you gauge how prepared a candidate is to organize, keep track of, and use Excel to communicate information critical to your business, such as performance metrics, client data, or financial information.
The advanced Microsoft Excel skills test predicts a job candidate’s ability to:
- Work with conditional formatting.
- Use advanced functions and formulas alone or in combination.
- Create formulas to retrieve data or display certain values.
- Create and utilize a PivotTable.
By automating the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including administrative assistants, office clerks, project or sales managers, financial or market analysts, accountants, auditors, and other data-driven roles, this skills test will help you quickly assess whether a candidate is savvy enough in Excel to meet your business needs.
Sample Question 1
What value would be returned based on the formula in Cell A7?
- NOT FOUND
Sample Question 2
You want to create a PivotTable based on the source data below.
What should you do beforehand?
- Sort by Column B
- Sort by Column C
- Delete the negative numbers in the Profit column
- Insert an empty row below Row 11
- Insert a title for Column A
- Business Operations & Management
- Education & Instruction
- Finance & Accounting
- Science & Research
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require advanced Microsoft Excel skills.