- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate and modify an Excel workbook by identifying common tools, applying basic keyboard shortcuts, and manipulating columns and rows
- Ability to apply basic sorting and filtering options as well as statistical functions to explore and summarize values
- Ability to customize the look and feel of a workbook using cell formatting tools
- Multiple Choice
Job candidates with key Microsoft Excel skills have the ability to create, update, and maintain professional, smart spreadsheets to display and keep track of essential business records, documents, and data. Hiring an employee with a solid foundational knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software has the power to transform your business, allowing you to extract insights from large amounts of information, manage complex calculations with ease, improve data entry processes, and meet important goals with lower overhead.
The basic Microsoft Excel skills test takes each of your candidates through day-to-day spreadsheet tasks that reflect real-life job responsibilities, allowing you to gauge their expertise with fundamental Excel features, tools, and navigation controls.
The basic Microsoft Excel skills test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Make data easy for others to understand with cell styles and professional formatting.
- Perform simple calculations with MAX, MIN, AVERAGE and SUM functions.
- Identify the right Excel tools to create useful reports, charts, tables, and lists.
- Use keyboard shortcuts to maximize productivity and complete tasks faster.
- Employ sort, filter, calculate, and other functions to make sense of data.
Use this Excel proficiency test to automate the screening process for entry-level or experienced job candidates, especially administrative assistants, data entry clerks, salespeople, retail store managers or any other roles requiring data-driven employees with exceptional attention to detail, data management skills and a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel.
Sample Question #1
If you COPY Column A, which PASTE function generates Column B?
A: Paste Values and Number Formatting
B: Paste Formulas
C: Paste Formulas and Number Formatting
D: Paste Values and Source Formatting
E: Paste Values
Sample Question #2
Which tool would stop the words in Cell A3 from overflowing into Cell B3?
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Business Operations & Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Science & Research
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require Microsoft Excel skills.