- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Ability to calculate basic accounting information (e.g., debits, credits, amounts due, interest charges, or discounts)
- Ability to determine the mathematical accuracy of financial figures and data
- Ability to use reporting tools to effectively record financial information
- Multiple Choice
An attentive, organized bookkeeper understands the importance of accurately tracking and recording transactions, balancing ledgers, reconciling financial accounts, and distributing invoices in a timely manner. Properly managing a company’s budget, expenses, accounts, and payroll – combined with a sharp eye to catch inconsistencies and red flags – maximizes overall profitability and leads to successful day-to-day operations.
No matter the industry, a detail-oriented and knowledgeable bookkeeper can positively impact any team with the demonstrated ability to quickly make complex calculations, correctly allocate transactions, and ensure ledgers are debited or credited accordingly. Finding a skilled candidate who can help guarantee organizational success is one step easier with the use of this bookkeeping assessment.
The bookkeeping assessment predicts a job candidate’s ability to:
- Calculate a company owner’s equity based on a balance sheet that details current and noncurrent assets and liabilities.
- Properly record new company investment amounts.
- Evaluate vendor receipts and attribute expenses to the appropriate categories, such as repairs and maintenance, office supplies, wages, and marketing.
Use this bookkeeping assessment to quickly and easily automate the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including bookkeepers, accounting technicians, budget managers, or any other applicable position that oversees or manages financial data and records.
Sample Question #1
A company buys a new piece of equipment for $75,000. The equipment was purchased with $15,000 in cash and a $60,000 loan.
How should the company record the transaction?
1) ______ Equipment: $75,000, 2) ______ Cash: $15,000, 3) ______ Loan Payable: $60,000
1) credit, 2) debit, 3) debit
1) credit, 2) credit, 3) debit
1) credit, 2) credit, 3) credit
1) debit, 2) debit, 3) debit
1) debit, 2) credit, 3) debit
Sample Question #2
A company receives an invoice for the repair of a burst pipe. Which category and subcategory should be updated to reflect the invoice?
REVENUE AND COGS; Gross Sales
EXPENSES; Repairs and Maintenance
REVENUE AND COGS; Cost of Goods Sold
EXPENSES; Legal and Professional Fees
- Business Operations & Management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The bookkeeping assessment content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require accounting skills in bookkeeping.