Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail Test
- Critical Thinking Test
- Memorization and Recall Skills
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Email Skills Test
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Accounting Compliance Skills Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management Test for Elementary Teachers
- Customer Focus and Orientation Skills Test
- Data Entry Test
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance Test
- First Aid Skills Test
- Food Service Problem Solving Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Nursing Skills: Patient Focus and Orientation Test
- Organizational Skills Test
- Project Management: Budget Management Skills Test
- Retail Shelf Stocking Assessment Test
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Ability to calculate basic accounting information (e.g., debits, credits, amounts due, interest charges, or discounts)
- Ability to determine the mathematical accuracy of financial figures and data
- Ability to use reporting tools to effectively record financial information
- Multiple Choice
An attentive, organized bookkeeper understands the importance of accurately tracking and recording transactions, balancing ledgers, reconciling financial accounts, and distributing invoices in a timely manner. Properly managing a company’s budget, expenses, accounts, and payroll – combined with a sharp eye to catch inconsistencies and red flags – maximizes overall profitability and leads to successful day-to-day operations.
No matter the industry, a detail-oriented and knowledgeable bookkeeper can positively impact any team with the demonstrated ability to quickly make complex calculations, correctly allocate transactions, and ensure ledgers are debited or credited accordingly. Finding a skilled candidate who can help guarantee organizational success is one step easier with the use of this comprehensive bookkeeping assessment.
The bookkeeping assessment predicts a job candidate’s ability to:
- Calculate a company owner’s equity based on a balance sheet that details current and noncurrent assets and liabilities.
- Properly record new company investment amounts.
- Evaluate vendor receipts and attribute expenses to the appropriate categories, such as repairs and maintenance, office supplies, wages, and marketing.
- Calculate the book value of an office building, taking into consideration purchase price, renovation costs, and depreciation.
- Prepare detailed invoices and collect payments from customers in a timely manner.
Use this bookkeeping assessment to quickly and easily automate the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including bookkeepers, accounting technicians, budget managers, or any other applicable position that oversees or manages financial data and records.
Sample Question #1
What is the total Bulk Discount given to the customers based on the policy below?
EverGreen Plant Nursery
Sample Question #2
A company issued the invoice below for goods delivered. What does the company do to record the transaction?
- 1) credit, 2) debit, 3) debit
- 1) credit, 2) credit, 3) debit
- 1) debit, 2) credit, 3) credit
- 1) debit, 2) debit, 3) debit
- 1) debit, 2) credit, 3) debit
- Business Operations & Management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Accounting Skills: Bookkeeping module content was developed the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require accounting skills in bookkeeping.