Cognitive & psychometric
- Attention to detail test
- Critical thinking test
- Memorization and recall skills
- Problem solving skills test
- Email skills test
- Basic word processing proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate word processing proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Accounting compliance skills test
- Bookkeeping skills test
- Business goal alignment assessment for supervisors
- Business math test
- Classroom management test for elementary teachers
- Customer focus and orientation skills test
- Data entry test
- Delivery driver vehicle maintenance test
- First aid skills test
- Food service problem solving skills test
- Interpersonal skills test for supervisors
- Lesson planning skills test for elementary teachers
- Marketing aptitude test
- Merchandise and supply storage management test
- Mechanical quality monitoring assessment
- Mechanical skills test: general aptitude
- Nursing skills: patient focus and orientation test
- Organizational skills test
- Project Mmanagement: budget management skills test
- Retail shelf stocking assessment test
- Sales negotiation and influencing skills test
- CRM skills for salesforce
- Technical support test
- Time management assessment for supervisors
- Typing test
- Work safety aptitude test
- English speaking test
- English writing test
Bookkeeping skills test
- Ability to calculate basic accounting information (e.g., debits, credits, amounts due, interest charges, or discounts)
- Ability to determine the mathematical accuracy of financial figures and data
- Ability to use reporting tools to effectively record financial information
- Multiple Choice
An attentive, organized bookkeeper understands the importance of accurately tracking and recording transactions, balancing ledgers, reconciling financial accounts, and distributing invoices in a timely manner. Properly managing a company’s budget, expenses, accounts, and payroll – combined with a sharp eye to catch inconsistencies and red flags – maximizes overall profitability and leads to successful day-to-day operations.
No matter the industry, a detail-oriented and knowledgeable bookkeeper can positively impact any team with the demonstrated ability to quickly make complex calculations, correctly allocate transactions, and ensure ledgers are debited or credited accordingly. Finding a skilled candidate who can help guarantee organizational success is one step easier with the use of this comprehensive bookkeeping assessment.
The bookkeeping assessment predicts a job candidate’s ability to:
- Calculate a company owner’s equity based on a balance sheet that details current and noncurrent assets and liabilities.
- Properly record new company investment amounts.
- Evaluate vendor receipts and attribute expenses to the appropriate categories, such as repairs and maintenance, office supplies, wages, and marketing.
- Calculate the book value of an office building, taking into consideration purchase price, renovation costs, and depreciation.
- Prepare detailed invoices and collect payments from customers in a timely manner.
Use this bookkeeping assessment to quickly and easily automate the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including bookkeepers, accounting technicians, budget managers, or any other applicable position that oversees or manages financial data and records.
Sample Question #1
What is the total Bulk Discount given to the customers based on the policy below?
EverGreen Plant Nursery
Sample Question #2
A company issued the invoice below for goods delivered. What does the company do to record the transaction?
- 1) credit, 2) debit, 3) debit
- 1) credit, 2) credit, 3) debit
- 1) debit, 2) credit, 3) credit
- 1) debit, 2) debit, 3) debit
- 1) debit, 2) credit, 3) debit
- Business Operations & Management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Accounting Skills: Bookkeeping module content was developed the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require accounting skills in bookkeeping.