- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Business Math Test
- Ability to use basic business-related mathematical concepts such as arithmetic and algebra to solve problems
- Ability to identify and implement appropriate mathematical methods when approaching problems
- Multiple Choice
Organizations can greatly profit from hiring employees capable of analyzing numerical data, solving mathematical equations, and making calculations to perform a wide range of functions, from determining grade point averages to finalizing budget allowances. An employee who has a thorough understanding of basic mathematical principles can help prevent unintentional overspending, allocate receipt line items to appropriate accounts, and provide a high level of support by accurately calculating customer purchases and orders.
Find a talented, detail-oriented job candidate – who can immediately and effortlessly sweep into a new role – by using this business math test to gauge their mathematical proficiency. The business math test provides insight into a candidate’s ability to leverage formulas and numbers to support operational efficiencies and minimize errors and omissions.
The business math test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Discover what fraction of sales originated from a particular sales territory.
- Evaluate a budget and determine the amount of funds that can be allocated to a specific category.
- Identify the percentage of students who are enrolled in extracurricular activities.
- Figure the total cost of a catering order, taking into consideration item quantity, item cost, and tax rate.
- Calculate the percentage of produce items a market needs to sell by the end of the week to remain profitable.
- Reference a series of student homework and exam grades to assign final course grades.
Use this business math test to quickly and easily estimate the mathematical proficiency of entry-level or experienced candidates, including bookkeepers, accounting technicians, teachers, sales representatives, warehouse associates, event coordinators, catering managers, or any other applicable position that analyzes financial or numerical data to perform calculations or solve equations.
Sample Question 1
See the budget below:
How much money is in the budget for transit?
Sample Question 2
See the price sheet below:
|Monitor Price Sheet|
A customer wants to buy 3 Sleek Monitors and 2 Wide Monitors. What’s the total cost?
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Business Operations & Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Sales & Retail
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The business math test content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require business math skills.