Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail Test
- Critical Thinking Test
- Memorization and Recall Skills
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Email Skills Test
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Accounting Compliance Skills Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management Test for Elementary Teachers
- Customer Focus and Orientation Skills Test
- Data Entry Test
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance Test
- First Aid Skills Test
- Food Service Problem Solving Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Nursing Skills: Patient Focus and Orientation Test
- Organizational Skills Test
- Project Management: Budget Management Skills Test
- Retail Shelf Stocking Assessment Test
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
Email Skills Test
- Ability to use basic email operations and address lines when composing and sending messages
- Ability to manage incoming messages through folder systems, tags, and rules
- Multiple Choice
In the world of business, email serves as a proven, cost-effective means of streamlining communication between internal and external parties. Whether reaching out to an international client about a potential sale or collaborating with an onsite team to develop a new marketing strategy, leveraging email to effectively communicate affects the productivity and profitability of an organization directly.
A qualified candidate is accomplished in understanding email functions and following standard guidelines to relay information in a timely manner that is pertinent to operational efficiencies. The email skills assessment test can quickly help target a candidate skilled in responsibly communicating via email.
The email skills assessment test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Compose meaningful correspondence, ensuring successful delivery to the appropriate contacts.
- Systematically organize emails to easily track, access, and reference information at a future date.
- Make sure an email gets to the correct recipient, and only that recipient.
Use this email skills assessment test to quickly and easily screen entry-level or experienced candidates, including administrative assistants, executive assistants, sales representatives, customer service representatives, or any other position that depends on email to write, send, or receive communication essential to operational success.
Sample Question 1
You want to email a client and send a copy of the email to your boss. You don’t need your boss to respond, but you want your client to know that your boss saw the email.
Where should you click to accomplish this?
Sample Question 2
You signed up to receive a daily email newsletter from an organization you support. After three days, you still don’t see the e-newsletter in your inbox.
What should you do to find this message?
- Add the organization’s email address to your address book
- Empty your trash folder and refresh your inbox
- Search your archive folder
- Check your spam folder
- Email the organization with your full name
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Business Operations & Management
- Personal Service
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Email Skills module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require email skills.