- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
English Speaking Test
- Ability to speak succinctly and ensure that information is conveyed correctly
- Multiple Choice
A strong English speaking proficiency enables effective verbal communication in the workplace between employees, as well as in interactions with customers, clients, patients, students, and others. What is effective verbal communication? It is the ability to send, receive, and interpret ideas and information in a clear, concise way.
Gauging a candidate’s English speaking skill can provide insight into how that individual may, or may not, generate success for an organization. An environment that promotes effective communication increases a team’s ability to collaborate well, explain processes and tasks, relay concerns, develop solutions, and achieve conflict resolution.
The English speaking test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Increase productivity by understanding tasks and reducing misunderstandings.
- Clearly communicate safety information to customers and colleagues.
- Advertise sales and pricing in a clear, concise manner.
- Verbally summarize complex concepts or data in a relatable, easily understandable way.
Use this English test to quickly and easily screen entry-level or experienced candidates, including administrative assistants, customer service representatives, sales representatives, retail sales associates, servers, teachers, registered nurses, warehouse workers, delivery drivers, or any other individual who will rely on English speaking to communicate with others.
Sample Question 1
Listen to the audio file below:
(AUDIO) Can you help me communicate this information clearly? “Electronics are on sale. All sale items are final.”
Which sentence is the best response?
A: Returns on all sale items are prohibited.
B: All of our electronics are discounted.
C: We are selling electronics that will not be returned.
D: Sales on discounted electronics are final.
E: This is our final sale on electronics.
Sample Question 2
Listen to the audio file below and then choose the grammatically correct sentence.
A: “At 4 PM is late for our meeting.”
B: “Our meeting are later than 4 PM.”
C: “Meeting at 4 PM for us are too late.”
D: “We can meet at 4 PM or later.”
E: “We is available to meet after 4 PM.”
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Business Operations & Management
- Education & Instruction
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Sales & Retail
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The English Communication Skills: Verbal Comprehension module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require verbal comprehension skills.