Cognitive & psychometric
- Attention to detail test
- Critical thinking test
- Memorization and recall skills
- Problem solving skills test
- Email skills test
- Basic word processing proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate word processing proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Accounting compliance skills test
- Bookkeeping skills test
- Business goal alignment assessment for supervisors
- Business math test
- Classroom management test for elementary teachers
- Customer focus and orientation skills test
- Data entry test
- Delivery driver vehicle maintenance test
- First aid skills test
- Food service problem solving skills test
- Interpersonal skills test for supervisors
- Lesson planning skills test for elementary teachers
- Marketing aptitude test
- Merchandise and supply storage management test
- Mechanical quality monitoring assessment
- Mechanical skills test: general aptitude
- Nursing skills: patient focus and orientation test
- Organizational skills test
- Project Mmanagement: budget management skills test
- Retail shelf stocking assessment test
- Sales negotiation and influencing skills test
- CRM skills for salesforce
- Technical support test
- Time management assessment for supervisors
- Typing test
- Work safety aptitude test
- English speaking test
- English writing test
First aid skills test
- Ability to understand and identify treatments for common medical emergencies
- Multiple Choice
First aid skills are not just important for roles in the medical field – they are critical for all kinds of employees in nearly every industry. Candidates with strong first aid skills have the power to provide emergency assistance to your customers and employees in life-or-death situations, reduce the number of serious accidents that occur in the workplace, and effectively manage emergencies without hesitation until advanced help arrives.
Giving you an effortless way to help identify qualified job candidates who can contribute to keeping your workplace safe, the first aid skills test is designed to evaluate whether a candidate has the knowledge to apply potentially life-saving techniques during critical accidents, injuries, or health complications.
The first aid test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Recognize the symptoms of common medical emergencies, such as blocked airways and strokes.
- Identify the underlying causes of medical emergencies and choose the appropriate first aid treatments.
- Avoid causing further injuries by applying proper immobilization techniques.
- Provide basic medical help for people of all ages and levels of health.
Use this simple first aid test to get a first look at the skills of job candidates, especially firefighters, child care providers, lifeguards, restaurant servers, and EMTs, or any other roles requiring employees with exceptional first aid skills and the ability to take swift, effective action during life-threatening emergency situations.
Sample Question 1
Bystander: I think a man at the restaurant is choking. He’s coughing loudly and gasping and holding his throat.
Which is the best first aid treatment?
- Encourage the man to take small sips of water
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) until his airway is clear
- Use your finger to extract the object from his airway
- Deliver abdominal thrusts until his airway is clear
- Encourage the man to continue coughing
Sample Question 2
Hiker: We’ve been hiking, and one of our friends has a large gash in her arm. The cut is bleeding severely and has been for several minutes without stopping. She looks like she’s going to pass out.
Which is the best first aid treatment?
- Remove any small foreign objects the wound
- Tie a tourniquet to the shoulder, above the wound
- Apply consistent pressure to the wound
- Elevate her arm above her head
- Ask the friend to state her name and today’s date
- Education & Instruction
- Manufacturing & Utilities
- Protective & Security
- Maintenance & Installation
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The First Aid Skills module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require first aid skills.