- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
French Written Proficiency Test
- Ability to understand and summarize meaning in written French.
- Ability to respond appropriately to requests written in French.
- Multiple Choice
Evaluating French written proficiency is a critical, fundamental step when filling a role that requires an employee to effectively – and confidently – communicate in French. Whether closing international sales deals, traveling abroad, or providing customer support to a native French speaker, employees with strong French reading and comprehension abilities can help grow new markets, build stronger relationships with clients, and bridge communication gaps.
Assessing a job candidate’s skill level will measure their command of the French written language and judge their ability to communicate with peers, colleagues, customers, and clients. Designed to quickly and accurately test a candidate’s proficiency, this French test helps distinguish a potential new hire who can bring added value to an organization.
The French proficiency test evaluates a job candidate’s ability to:
Understand simple and complex written French in text messages, emails, memos, documents, and signs.
Relay messages accurately when communicating with customers, clients, colleagues, and executives.
Address customer concerns appropriately, potentially bringing quick resolve and maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings.
Use this French proficiency test to quickly and easily automate your initial screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including interpreters, customer support specialists, sales professionals, travel agents, journalists, flight attendants, or any other positions that require employees to have strong French reading skills.
Sample Question 1
Your job is to respond to customer emails using the release information below.
New phone release information:
Date to be released: 10/14/2017
Price: 654 US dollars
Colors: Black, White, Rose Gold
Memory: 16GB or 32GB options
Battery Life: 12 hours
Mon ami m’a dit qu’il y a un nouveau portable qui sortira bientôt et j’ai hâte de le voir. Quand est-ce que le nouveau modèle sera disponible ? Je voudrais le commander à l’avance.
Which option answers the customer’s question?
B: 654 US dollars
C: Black, White, Rose Gold
D: 16GB or 32GB options
E: 12 hours
Sample Question 2
You read this sign on the door to a restaurant:
Parlez-nous de votre expérience gastronomique. Appelez au Nº 126.96.36.199.55. Votre opinion nous intéresse !
Which option best summarizes this message?
A: Call the number to apply for a job as an experienced cook
B: Call the number to give feedback on your meal
C: Call the number to order food for delivery
D: Call the number to report a problem
E: Call the number later to see if they’re accepting job applications
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Sales & Retail
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Written French for English Speakers module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require French written communication skills.