- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Marketing Aptitude Test
- Ability to select and employ marketing strategies when promoting products or services
- Ability to identify effective techniques to educate various audiences about products
- Ability to conduct or interpret research to understand a target market
- Multiple Choice
- Situational Judgment Test
Skilled marketers can analyze and determine the best way to influence target audiences, be it reaching new customers, improving brand image, or fostering brand loyalty. A good marketer can leverage social and digital advertising knowledge, sales skills, and creative and analytical abilities to attract new business and encourage customer loyalty.
Identifying marketing candidates who can attract and communicate with customers, realize advertising and community engagement opportunities, and help you boost your brand is critical to your business’s success. This marketing aptitude test allows you to evaluate the analytical skills and basic marketing knowledge of a candidate, helping to predict how effectively they can attract new customers, identify advertising targets, and analyze customer trends to determine marketing opportunities.
The marketing aptitude test can aid in predicting a job candidate’s ability to:
- Improve brand visibility.
- Assess methods to attract new customers.
- Conduct insightful market research.
- Effectively gather and use customer feedback.
- Target audiences accurately through advertising.
By automating the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, this skills test can help you discover adept candidates more quickly and efficiently, including marketing and communications coordinators, advertising agents, account managers, product promoters, or SEO and other marketing specialists.
Sample Question 1
Eric is opening an online clothing business this year, targeting shoppers between 18 and 34 years old. To determine the best price range for his items, he researches the average income of shoppers in different age brackets.
How effective is his decision to set prices based only on this research?
5 = Highly effective. His decision will yield the most appropriate pricing
4 = Very effective
3 = Moderately effective
2 = Slightly effective
1 = Ineffective. His decision will yield inappropriate pricing
Sample Question 2
A home goods retailer just released the ad below:
Our new line of dishware is a perfect addition to your kitchen! Our dishes are…
Bright and colorful, made from safe, non-toxic materials.
Durable! Won’t break even if dropped on tile.
Which customer is the company most likely targeting with this ad?
A: A retired couple furnishing their vacation cabin
B: A young couple with several small children
C: An executive woman in her mid-40s who travels a lot
D: A middle-aged couple living in an urban setting
E: An interior designer furnishing a luxury apartment for a new client
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Sales & Retail
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Marketing Skills module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require marketing skills.