- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Problem Solving Skills Test
- Ability to use judgment when making decisions and determining correct actions and solutions
- Ability to analyze relevant information when solving problems
- Ability to use data points when evaluating potential options or actions
- Multiple Choice
Business competition and looming deadlines define the need for hiring employees capable of applying problem-solving skills to ensure a high performing team. Effective problem-solving skills include identifying current – or potential – issues and developing and following a series of logical steps to bring resolve in a timely manner.
Maintaining composure when diagnosing problems, thinking analytically, and the ability to work independently or collectively are valuable traits for a future employee. Determining a candidate’s problem-solving skills may help forecast their ability to continue operational efficiency in times of confusion and uncertainty.
The problem-solving test also helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Remain calm and collected when faced with obstacles.
- Quickly determine the best course of action to resolve a problem.
- Conduct research and display ingenuity by independently or collaboratively solving complicated issues.
- Communicate concerns and problems to team members or management, accurately recalling specific details to help them fully understand the situation.
- Maintain professionalism and courtesy when interacting with team members, clients, or customers, despite current challenges.
Use this problem-solving test to quickly and easily estimate the problem-solving ability of entry-level or experienced candidates, including any applicable positions that may require strategic thinking to solve problems.
Sample Question 1
You’re a store manager with five employees. See your employees’ availability below:
|Works Monday through Thursday||Works Monday, Wednesday, and Friday||Only works with Becki||Only works with Marisol||Works Tuesday and Thursday|
Who’s available to work on Tuesday?
- Shawanda, Ike, Marisol
- Shawanda, Becki
- Ike, Marisol
- Ann, Becki
- Shawanda, Ann, Becki
Sample Question 2
Based on the information below, what’s the best order to display products in your store?
Electronics Marketing Report
- Phones, earbuds, screen cleaners, tablets, laptops
- Laptops, tablets, earbuds, phones, screen cleaners
- Tablets, laptops, screen cleaners, earbuds, phones
- Laptops, earbuds, screen cleaners, tablets, phones
- Earbuds, tablets, laptops, phones, screen cleaners
- Administrative & Customer Support
- Business Operations & Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Sales & Retail
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Problem Solving Skills module content was developed the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require problem solving skills.