- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Budget Management Skills Test
- Ability to determine funding required to complete projects in-scope and on-budget
- Ability to allocate financial resources effectively to achieve objectives and milestones
- Ability to monitor the use of money to update resource requirements
- Multiple Choice
An organization armed with a conscientious, mathematically-inclined employee tasked at managing a budget is well on its way to realizing continued success. Organizations, departments, events, and projects rely heavily on developing, monitoring, and strictly following budgets to ensure business operations are profitable and sustainable. Equipped with a customized budget is the first step to success – identifying and hiring an employee who can properly manage that budget guarantees the ability to stay on target, make adjustments as necessary, and find the most cost-effective solutions.
Understanding how well a job candidate organizes numerical data, calculates costs, and categorizes expenses can provide much needed insight into their budget management skills. The budget management skills test is a straightforward and effective means of predicting a candidate’s compatibility with a role that requires budget oversight, ensuring the hire of a qualified individual who will adapt quickly, meet financial goals, and reduce unnecessary expenditures.
The budget management skills test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Take appropriate steps to create a budget based on a specific allowed amount.
- Examine real-time reports to foresee what project categories will exceed allowed amounts by the project end date.
- Adjust budgets depending on evolving needs and unexpected circumstances.
Use this budget management skills test to quickly and easily automate the screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including event coordinators, office managers, HR professionals, bookkeepers, marketing specialists, project managers, or any other applicable position that requires a keen eye, attention to detail, and organization in order to properly manage a budget.
Sample Question #1
A project has a total budget of $240,000 for one year. Half of the budget will be used immediately to purchase materials.
What is the monthly budget after equipment is purchased?
Sample Question 2
Review your budget below:
How much is your project over budget?
- Business Operations & Management
- Science & Research
- Attractions & Events
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Project Management Skills: Budgeting module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require project management skills.