- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Python Skill Assessment Test
- Ability to use Python code to create scripts that solve basic tasks
- Ability to apply understanding of fundamental Python data types and structures
- Ability to identify logic or syntax errors in Python scripts
- Multiple Choice
A developer with a solid understanding of the Python programming language – as well as exceptional abstract thinking and problem-solving skills – has the power to enhance software products and build new features that are highly flexible, scalable, and secure. Whether you need help automating repetitive tasks, developing desktop applications, building internal tools, or anything in between, a developer well-versed in the fundamentals of Python can be a valuable asset to your company.
Helping you make faster, smarter hiring decisions, the Python test lets you evaluate the real coding skills of programming candidates before you turn to time-consuming phone screens or programming assignments. By quickly narrowing down the candidate pool, you can focus on interviewing the candidates with the greatest chance of contributing clean, efficient code to meet your software needs.
The Python test helps predict a job candidate’s ability to:
- Deliver maintainable, accurate code using knowledge of Python fundamentals.
- Apply basic Python concepts and abstract patterns to solve real-world problems.
- Pay close attention to every line of code to avoid both logical and syntax errors.
- Understand basic programming concepts, like variables and functions.
Use this Python test to quickly and easily automate the technical screening process for entry-level or experienced programming candidates, including software engineers, software developers, data scientists, QA engineers, or any other positions requiring a firm grasp of Python fundamentals.
Sample Question 1
What’s the output of the script below?
Sample Question 2
What’s the output of the code below?
- [‘My’, ‘mother’, ‘made’, ‘meatloaf’]
- [‘My’, ‘mother’, ‘made’, ‘meatloaf.’]
- [‘My’, ‘other’, ‘ade’, ‘eatloaf.’]
- [‘My ‘, ‘other ‘, ‘ade ‘, ‘eatloaf.’]
- [‘y ‘, ‘other ‘, ‘ade ‘, ‘eatloaf.’]
- App Developer
- Web Developer
- Python Developer
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Python Test module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require skills in Python development.