- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
Retail Shelf Stocking Assessment Test
- Ability to maintain supply of merchandise on store shelves
- Ability to identify merchandise in need of shelf replenishment
- Ability to monitor and tracks inventory level to ensure that store shelves maintain appropriate product levels
- Multiple Choice
Retail stockers are the backbone of every store, maintaining inventory, stopping defective and damaged products from entering the sales floor, and ensuring customers have access to the products they want and need. Exceptional shelf stockers are sales-minded and know how to position products to maximize your store’s sales, bring in more customers with organized and attractive displays, and make sure your merchandise is always in the right place, improving overall customer experience, boosting revenue, and promoting brand loyalty.
The retail assessment test predicts a job candidate’s ability to:
- Distribute, organize, and arrange inventory quickly and accurately with an eye for visual merchandising.
- Maintain the overall appearance of stores with displays that attract customers.
- Comply with store display policies, procedures, and manufacturer guidelines.
- Efficiently replenish shelves and maintain inventory levels using coding systems.
- Check products for quality, freshness, damage, and mislabeling.
Use this powerful and quick retail shelf stocking assessment test to automate the initial screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, especially stock clerks, warehouse workers, and retail associates, or any other positions requiring employees with a strong eye for detail, exceptional organization skills, and a high degree of independence and initiative.
Sample Question #1
You are looking at a shelf of old milk that expires in 1 week. You need to add more milk to the shelf. The new milk expires in 2 weeks. How can you ensure that the old milk sells before the new milk?
- Mix old milk and new milk together so they are randomized on the shelf
- Wait to stock new milk until old milk has sold out
- Move old milk to the back of the shelf and put new milk in front
- Move old milk to the front of the shelf and put new milk behind it
- Leave old milk where it is and fill gaps with new milk
Sample Question #2
Compare the shelf to the stock list. For shelf D, how many more items do you need to add to the shelf?
Enter integer answer…
- Merchandise Manager
- Retail Sales Associate
- Stocking Associate
- Stocking Representative
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Retail Skills: Shelf Stocking module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require retail skills.