- Accounting Compliance
- Critical Thinking
Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail
- Conscientiousness Test
- Memorization and Recall
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Reliability Test
- Advanced Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Spreadsheet Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- PHP Online Developer Test
- Python Skill Assessment Test
- SQL Assessment Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Budget Management Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management for Elementary Teachers
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Customer Service Test: Difficult Situations
- Customer Service Test: Overall Quality
- Data Entry
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance
- First Aid Test
- Graphic Designer Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management
- Nursing: Patient Focus and Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Problem-Solving Assessment: Food Service
- Retail Merchandising
- Retail Shelf Stocking
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- Scheduling Skills Test
- Supervisory Skills: Directing Others
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Video Interviews
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
- French Written Proficiency Test
- Italian Written Proficiency Test
- Mandarin Chinese Written Proficiency Test
- Spanish Written Proficiency Test
SQL Assessment Test
- Ability to formulate effective SQL statements that involve the querying and manipulating of data residing in one or more database tables
- Ability to identify syntactical and logical errors in SQL statement clauses
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-world database-related problems
- Multiple Choice
Hiring a skilled database admin, back-end developer, or data analyst with exceptional SQL (Structured Query Language) skills has the power to streamline your company’s applications, reveal important insights about your customers, and help you diagnose business problems. Beyond updating and managing mission-critical data, a SQL developer can pull highly specific information from your company’s databases to help you decipher raw data, monitor key metrics, and make better business decisions.
Designed to evaluate a candidate’s job readiness, the SQL test will help determine if a candidate has the basic SQL syntax knowledge, problem-solving skills, and programming experience required to extract, filter, and manipulate data to gather important insights about your company’s sales, trends and patterns, and customer behavior.
The SQL test also estimates a job candidate’s ability to:
- Thoroughly understand SQL syntax and basic language elements.
- Retrieve and manipulate data from a relational database using SQL commands.
- Write SQL queries to solve real-world problems and uncover useful business insights.
- Quickly debug parsing and syntax errors in SQL code.
- Format and style SQL code for better readability.
Use this powerful SQL assessment test to quickly and easily automate the technical screening process for entry-level or experienced candidates, including database administrators, SQL developers, business analysts, data scientists, or any other positions requiring a solid understanding of SQL basics.
Sample Question 1
Given the data model below, which SQL query would you choose to display the columns supplier_name, city, and product_name? (HINT: The result must show only those suppliers that provide products.)
- SELECT supplier_name, city, product_name FROM suppliers s INNER JOIN products p ON (s.supplier_id = p.supplier_id)
- SELECT supplier_name, city, product_name FROM suppliers s RIGHT OUTER JOIN products p ON (s.supplier_id = p.supplier_id)
- SELECT supplier_name, city, product_name FROM suppliers s LEFT OUTER JOIN products p ON (s.supplier_id = p.supplier_id)
- SELECT supplier_name, city, product_name FROM suppliers s INNER JOIN products p ON (s.supplier_id = p.supplier_id) WHERE s.supplier_id <> NULL
- SELECT supplier_name, city, product_name FROM suppliers s OUTER JOIN products p ON (s.supplier_id = p.supplier_id)
Sample Question 2
Review the SQL query below:
Which line number will cause an exception to occur?
- Business Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Database Architect
- Database Manager
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The SQL Development Skills module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require SQL development skills.