Cognitive & Psychometric
- Attention to Detail Test
- Critical Thinking Test
- Memorization and Recall Skills
- Problem Solving Skills Test
- Email Skills Test
- Basic Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Word Processing Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Accounting Compliance Skills Test
- Bookkeeping Skills Test
- Business Goal Alignment Assessment for Supervisors
- Business Math Test
- Classroom Management Test for Elementary Teachers
- Customer Focus and Orientation Skills Test
- Data Entry Test
- Delivery Driver Vehicle Maintenance Test
- First Aid Skills Test
- Food Service Problem Solving Skills Test
- Interpersonal Skills Test for Supervisors
- Lesson Planning Skills Test for Elementary Teachers
- Marketing Aptitude Test
- Merchandise and Supply Storage Management Test
- Mechanical Quality Monitoring Assessment
- Mechanical Skills Test: General Aptitude
- Nursing Skills: Patient Focus and Orientation Test
- Organizational Skills Test
- Project Management: Budget Management Skills Test
- Retail Shelf Stocking Assessment Test
- Sales Negotiation and Influencing Skills Test
- CRM Skills for Salesforce
- Technical Support Test
- Time Management Assessment for Supervisors
- Typing Test
- Work Safety Aptitude Test
- English Speaking Test
- English Writing Test
Technical Support Test
- Ability to responsibly follow protocols created to ensure system upkeep and robustness.
- Ability to identify and use system performance indicators to determine error sources and solutions
- Ability to apply practical knowledge of how changing conditions impact system performance
- Multiple Choice
Effective technical support is a crucial operational asset for companies, both internally and in the customer-facing services they provide. Today’s technical support role also requires the ability to be adaptable and flexible enough to provide support over many different channels, including chat, email, phone, and in-person, and for a variety of situations. The breadth of a technical support agent’s knowledge can be crucial both in keeping your office running smoothly and in rapidly identifying the root cause of your customers’ issues.
The technical support test will help you to predict a job candidate’s ability to respond to a variety of technical challenges, from mismatched cables and missing drivers to troubleshooting the system logs. The technical support test also evaluates a job candidate’s ability to:
- Adapt to the methodologies and complexities of new and specific technologies.
- Demonstrate a technical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Identify an invalid IP address.
- Understand the roles of key network components.
- Connect cables to the proper devices.
Use this technical support test to quickly and easily screen entry-level or experienced candidates for technical support roles, including desktop support or other applicable positions.
Sample Question #1
A user is receiving the error below:
“550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.”
Which server was this message generated from?
- A Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
- A firewall
- A private network server (PNS)
- A virtual private network (VPN)
- A Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network
Sample Question #2
Which letter identifies the firewall in the diagram below?
- Help Desk Analyst
- IT Support
- Technical Support
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Technical Support Skills module content was developed by the Indeed Assessment Science Team, with expertise in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Education, and Graphic Design. In addition, team members worked in collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). Indeed’s SMEs are required to demonstrate experience performing at a high level, supervisory experience, or responsibility for defining requirements for those jobs that require technical support skills.