Indeed's Employer Awards exist to help job seekers find their best place to work, by highlighting great employers on the world's #1 job site.¹ So, when we give out an award, we’re making it easier for everyone to find the top companies to work for.
Awards for Exceptional Employers
Winning employers have already created a great workplace, we’re just letting everyone know. In 2018, job seekers viewed an Indeed Company Page to research a company more than 1.5 billion times. They let the world know which companies are a great place to work, with over 200+ million ratings and reviews on Indeed Company Pages. Top-Rated Workplace rankings are based on our propriety algorithm, using data alone — employers never even have to apply. Read more on our methodology details below.
"The most important factor for me is flexible work/life balance, as a mother of two that’s very important. And also career development… I feel like there's lot of opportunities to develop in your career at Dell Technologies but they go hand in hand. So, as you develop and move into new roles you still have that flexible work/life balance no matter what your role is with the company. That’s extremely important to me and my family."
Senior Manager Talent Acquisition, Dell Technologies
“A great culture starts with who you select to be on your team. We at HEB take that very seriously and believe very much in hiring for heart and passion as opposed to just focusing on technical skills. So for example, we’re looking for individuals to join our team that naturally fit our culture. Do they have a natural desire to serve others, do they want to be a part of a team, do they demonstrate ownership behaviors, and are they resilient? If so, we really feel we can teach the rest.”
Vice President of Human Resources, H-E-B
"Our belief system offers a unifying template for action and understanding, reminding associates that customers always come first, trust begins with honesty and people drive success. This system itself is proof of the company’s commitment to the belief that everyone achieves more through teamwork. There’s nothing in [the belief system] that focuses around fads, it should be able to stand the test of time."
Chief People and Security Officer, Keller Williams
“Focus on your culture and career development opportunities. Make sure you think about your employer brand and employee value proposition.”
Vice President, Workforce Strategy & Enablement, RBC Royal Bank
"My advice to companies who are looking to be recognized would be… to be authentically good to your people. Practice what you preach. Actions speak louder than words. I think thats whats most important is that you really do as a company authentically connect to your mission and values and you care about the people that work for you."
Director of Talent Acquisition, Ochsner Health Systems
Frequently asked questions
Top-Rated Workplaces highlight the best places to work in each industry, metro, and those leading the way in workplace attributes like Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits and beyond. This recognition is based on the 200+ million ratings & reviews on Indeed Company Pages.
- Indeed uses a proprietary algorithm to rank companies using the average rating and number of reviews. But in general, companies with a large number of high ratings will place higher in the rankings.
- The ranking methodology is applied uniformly across all qualifying companies, in all lists.
- Top-Rated Workplace lists are determined at Indeed’s sole discretion based on Indeed user-submitted ratings and sub-ratings. This recognition is valid for one year from date of announcement or until next year’s Top-Rated Workplace awards for this category are announced.
- Indeed reserves the right to retract the award if circumstances arise. Receipt of this badge in no way should be considered an endorsement or sponsorship by Indeed. Indeed reserves the right to change the criteria for receiving this badge.
Top-Rated Workplace Awards are based on data alone, and are open to all employers who have reviews on Indeed.com regardless of client status.
- Employers that actively manage their Company Page and employers who do not actively manage their page have equal consideration for this award. Recognized employers do not need to be clients of Indeed to qualify.
- In lists that rank by location, industry, or job type, employers matching the criteria are shown and ranked. To be included in this view, a company must be eligible for visibility in this list, based on sufficient reviews for the relevant category (regardless of sponsored status) and be in accordance with baseline requirements as listed below.
- After rankings and ratings are calculated, companies may be excluded for a variety of reasons such as suspicions of fraud, abuse or other activities which Indeed ultimately determines may negatively affect the veracity or utility of the rankings for job seekers. Indeed does not include employers that categorize as multi-level marketing organizations or that require payment to the employer before employment can be offered.
- Indeed publishes new ranking lists from time to time, and the criteria and focus of the lists depend on criteria that are most relevant for job seekers. Companies are ranked by workplace attributes, industries, by specific geographical areas, and nationally.
- Overall company rankings and eligibility are reviewed and updated on a periodic basis, and in most cases annually. Reviews & ratings that determine rankings are pulled from the last two years prior to the list being published. It should be noted that the rating displayed on an Indeed Company Page is their review data from all time.
First things first, congratulations on creating a great workplace! Spread the news of your recognition and use your digital promotion kit as a tool to let job seekers know you’re a Top-Rated Workplace. Please reach out to your Indeed Client Success representative, or email our awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your digital badge and more.
For PR partnerships or opportunities, please reach out to our Public Relations team.
Every employer with reviews on Indeed automatically has a Company Page. Claim your page to unlock employer-only features and update your page with company information, photos, a logo and more.
People can follow your page to get updates on new jobs and company reviews. Once you’ve claimed and updated your company page to best reflect your employer brand, share your page with the world! Check out our guide to “5 tips for making the most of your company page” or learn more about Indeed Company Pages here.
Background on Company Page Content:
- Information on a company (such as industry and description) is aggregated from a variety of public sources for companies who have not claimed their pages or with incomplete/insufficient information on their company page.
- Companies wishing to update their information may claim their page at any time for free and add/update the information accordingly. Company provided information will be reflected on the Top-Rated Workplace ranking page soon afterward.
- Company ratings are determined solely by reviews left by users on Indeed. Please note, the review score and count displayed on an employers Company Page represents reviews from all time.