DevOps Engineer Resume Examples and Template for 2023
Updated September 22, 2023
Writing a strong DevOps engineer resume can be an essential step in the job search process for finding the right career path. Your resume may be the first chance a potential employer has to view your skills and experience. When writing your resume, refer to the job description so you can include specific details about your experience coordinating procedures between development and operations teams.
In this article, we describe how to write a DevOps engineer resume and give you two resume samples you can use as a reference when you construct your own resume. When you're ready, you can upload a resume file or build an Indeed Resume to make the application process easier during your job search.
DevOps Engineer Resume Examples
- Create workflows for source code management to ensure efficiency and cut down on human error
- Develop and maintained Ci/CD methodologies to speed the development process through automation
- Design and implemented disaster recovery solutions in case of breach or server crash, as well as security measures like firewalls and VPNs
- Update procedure documentation to improve training procedures and create lasting records of mastered skills for each employee to help with task delegation
- Consult with clients and confirmed system power requirements to update design documents, test results and designs
- Served as team lead for two years
- Performed in-depth root cause analysis by troubleshooting network and production issues periodically
- Wrote automated Unix scripts to reduce manual labor and improve efficiency by 10%
- Assisted at all levels of the engineering process, including analysis, development, documentation, integration and testing
- Attended meetings with clients and kept a record of client requests and project parameters
- Developed processes to monitor systems and performed data collection while adhering to maintenance regulations
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions developer
- Time management
- Verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail
- Systems administration
To upload the template into Google Docs, go to File > Open > and select the correct downloaded file.
How to write a DevOps engineer resume
Writing a DevOps resume can help you compile the experiences and skills you've accumulated throughout your career to prepare you to accept a DevOps role. You can highlight these positive attributes in the following ways:
1. Read the entire job description
Reading the job description can help you understand what skills the hiring manager wants in an ideal candidate. You can focus on highlighting those skills in your application materials to present yourself as the best candidate for the role. Consider using similar language as the job posting in your materials to match the job posting.
2. Craft a professional summary
Writing a professional summary for your resume can help you present the most relevant aspects of your resume concisely. A professional summary can be two or three sentences that focus on your most memorable achievements. The purpose of this statement is to communicate the essential elements of your resume in an easy-to-read and memorable format.
Related: Learn About Being a DevOps Engineer
3. Highlight your skills
Your skills section can be an opportunity to include any targeted content you want to include to get the hiring manager's attention. You can include phrases that align with the job description to ensure you pass any criteria set by the applicant tracking system. Using bullet points keeps this section concise and easy to read.
Knowledge of Linux and other scripting languages
Proficiency in development and deployment software
Infrastructure as code
Verbal and written communication
Attention to detail
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified DevOps Engineer
Certified Solutions Architect (CSA)
Microsoft Certified Solutions developer
Google Cloud Certified - Associate Cloud Engineer
MySQL for Database Administrators
Docker Certified Associate Certification (DCA)
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE)
HashiCorp Certified: Terragorm Associate
4. Use clean formatting
Formatting can help make your resume easy to read if you choose the right font and formatting decisions. Including things like headers and visual demarcations to indicate different sections can improve the look of your resume and help hiring managers find relevant information quickly. It can also affect how an applicant tracking system processes your document. Consider having a PDF and document version of your resume so you can submit either format depending on what the job application requests.
Tips for writing a DevOps resume
Here are some additional tips for writing a DevOps resume:
Describe your technical skills: Working in technology requires showcasing the software and hardware you're familiar with to show that you are capable of the technical aspects of the role.
Include past experience: Highlight how previous roles helped you develop the skills necessary to take on a DevOps role, whether you have experience with that title or not.
List statistics: Providing evidence for how you improved operational procedures in your previous roles can back up your claims about the skills and certifications you have.
Provide proof of certifications: If you have certifications related to your DevOps role, you can include them to showcase your commitment to improving your skills and learning about your field.
Please note that none of the companies mentioned in this article are affiliated with Indeed.