What Does a Construction Worker Do?
- Perform all duties assigned by the Construction Manager or Foreman.
- Carry materials and supplies from trucks to job site so they are ready for installation or other tasks.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Learn carpentry, electrical work, plumbing and other specialized skills as required by the construction manager.
- Follow instructions to ensure safety of entire team.
- Measure and cut lumber to desired specifications.
- Common salary in US: $14.15 hourly
- Typical salaries range from $7.81 - $25.63 hourly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Experience on a construction crew preferred but not required
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site
- Ability to complete work on time and on budget with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Advanced organizational skills
- Able to pass drug and background screening
Example Construction Worker Job Description
Our residential construction company needs Construction Workers to staff multiple upcoming projects. We're hiring on a temporary basis to start, but if you show up on time and perform exemplary work, we're willing to consider full-time employment prospects in the near future. We're looking for Construction Workers with experience in concrete finishing, new drywall construction and other specialties, but we can also take on individuals with no prior experience. We offer safe, educational training on the job as well as opportunities for advancement.