What Does a Data Analyst Do?
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment.
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole.
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project.
- Common salary in US: $69,558 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $44,048 - $109,842 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years' Data mining experience
- 4+ years in a data analyst role
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
Example Data Analyst Job Description
Our growing technology firm is looking for an experienced Data Analyst who is able to turn project requirements into custom-formatted data reports. The ideal candidate for this position is able to do complete life cycle data generation and outline critical information for each Project Manager. We also need someone who is able to analyze business procedures and recommend specific types of data that can be used to improve upon them.