What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design.
- Common salary in US: $130,792 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $89,236 - $191,700 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 7+ years' practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python an asset
Example Data Scientist Job Description
Our leading data management and integration organization is currently in need of a Data Scientist to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and will regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches. This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative and energetic team that develops analysis tools which will influence both our products and clients.