What Does a Dentist Do?
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment to patients, including regular cleanings, root canals, surgical extractions, implants and cosmetic dentistry.
- Educate patients and parents of patients on maintaining proper oral health.
- Communicate with dental staff on our team regarding patient treatment plans.
- Prescribe medications as necessary.
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations.
- Supervise the work of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Common salary in US: $156,496 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $98,624 - $248,325 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- DDS, DMD or DD required
- Current license to practice dentistry
- Valid malpractice liability insurance
- Minimum 5 years' clinical experience at a dental practice
- Dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of care to patients
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
Example Dentist Job Description
Our state-of-the-art dental practice is searching for a skilled and experienced Dentist with excellent communication skills to join our professional team. The ideal candidate for this position has worked with patients of all ages, is proficient in performing regular checkups and complex dental procedures and is committed to the highest quality of patient care. Those who are qualified and in search of a long-term career opportunity in a cutting edge practice are encouraged to submit an application today.