What Does a Front End Developer Do?
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that our company website renders well across multiple devices.
- Design a framework for creating user apps that grows with the needs of the company.
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues.
- Review app and feature coding and plan future website upgrades with the development team.
- Assist in the development of applications and features that will be put on the website and in internal functions as well.
- Common salary in US: $102,572 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $68,561 - $153,454 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years' web development experience required
- 2+ years' app development experience preferred
- Proficiency with AngularJS an asset
- Strong knowledge of web development tools and programming languages
Example Front End Developer Job Description
Our organization is looking for a Front End Developer who can utilize HTML, CSS and jQuery to develop effective user interfaces on the company website and mobile apps released to the public. The successful candidate will work closely with our web development and software design teams to update the website and internal web tools to make them more efficient. The front end developer will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues to help make the website more visually appealing and enhance usability.