What Does a Machine Operator Do?
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties.
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available.
- Effectively monitor production equipment.
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary.
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a safe and clean work space.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations.
- Common salary in US: $12.33 hourly
- Typical salaries range from $9.07 - $16.77 hourly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years' experience with Mastercam
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to accurately read blueprints
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for an eight-hour work shift
- Committed to quality, safety and communication
- Team-oriented and self-directed
- Background check required
Example Machine Operator Job Description
Our fast-growing, technologically-driven manufacturing firm is seeking a Machine Operator with Mastercam programming knowledge. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years' experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail and is committed to workplace safety.