What Does a Nurse Practitioner Do?
- Perform initial patient screenings and patient history and physical examinations.
- Update patient records and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment.
- Analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options.
- Deliver quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity.
- Serve as the resource patients need for ongoing care information, counseling and provide guidance for any patients with critical conditions.
- Common salary in US: $102,525 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $74,759 - $140,604 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- 5+ years' nursing experience
- Valid nurse practitioner license
- Ability to work within a team and take direction
- Must be familiar with the EHR medical charting system
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
Example Nurse Practitioner Job Description
We are looking for a professional Nurse Practitioner who can deliver primary medical care to a wide variety of patients. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records and scheduling and administering follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our nurses and physicians and will assist in delivering premium care to each and every patient.