What Does a Surgeon Do?
- Perform surgeries as needed for patients who wish to lose weight and have been unable to do so through non-surgical means.
- Counsel patients about the risks of bariatric surgery and the potential complications during post-op.
- Contribute to our care delivery team by working with other members of staff.
- Maintain detailed and accurate patient records through our EHR (electronic health record) system.
- Perform post-op examinations of patients prior to releasing them from care.
- Schedule follow-up visits with patients to ensure continuing health.
- Deny bariatric patients access to surgical treatment when appropriate.
- Perform duties within budgetary constraints.
- Common salary in US: $146,370 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $77,935 - $274,899 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Board certification in general surgery required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in general surgery
- Willingness to provide guidance to residents during training rotations
- Ability to counsel patients about their weight-loss goals
- Familiarity with EHR systems a plus
- Some da Vinci training preferred, but not required
Example Surgeon Job Description
Our 250-bed hospital seeks a General Surgeon to join our staff. The successful candidate can join our team and gain hospital support or open a private practice within our facility and enjoy hospital privileges. We have an established and growing patient volume that provides the successful candidate with immediate cases. Expected patient volume is 12-15 patients per day. We're looking for a Surgeon with bariatric experience as well as experience in a busy hospital setting. If this sounds like you, please get in touch today to discuss this opportunity.