What Does an Actuary Do?
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Use pricing models to perform analysis.
- Monitor market for current prices and products and prepare competitive analysis reports.
- Handle preparation and submission for filings of long-term care rates.
- Design and price insurance policies and pensions and ensure plans are financially sound.
- Common salary in US: $113,223 yearly
- Typical salaries range from $71,201 - $180,046 yearly
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science or related discipline
- 5+ years' experience evaluating insurance and pension plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex statistics and technical details
- Advanced computer skills, including understanding of databases, spreadsheets and statistical analysis software
- Strong attention to detail
Example Actuary Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Actuary with expertise in investment and financial planning to join our growing team. The Senior Actuary will be responsible finding solutions to balance costs and risks, conducting regular rate analysis, researching and pricing products and financial product development. The right candidate will apply his or her talents at our progressive, growing company and enjoy advantages such as the opportunity for professional growth and a comprehensive benefits package.