How much does a Driver (Independent Contractor) make in the United States?
The average salary for a driver (independent contractor) is $36,356 per year in the United States.
Most common benefits
What does a Driver (Independent Contractor) do?
A driver (independent contractor) works as a courier for client companies. Independent contractor couriers carry items or goods like documents and packages. They are not employees of the companies they work for. They use their own cars to convey goods for companies, and they are paid per delivery or per loaded mile traveled. The driver is responsible for the maintenance, operational costs, and the insurance of the car.
Working as a Driver (Independent Contractor)
The duties of a driver (independent contractor) are as follows:
- Make deliveries of items for companies.
- Work independently and without supervision.
- Some independent contractors use bicycles for deliveries. This exposes them to very harsh weather conditions and also difficult traffic situations.
- Bear the risks of the goods until they reach their destinations.
- May have to work through the night and during the weekends, especially when they have to make timely deliveries.