What does an Engineer do?
Engineers use mathematical and scientific principles to provide efficient solutions to technical problems. While scientists deliver scientific innovations, engineers are the ones who make these innovations useful for societal and consumer needs.
Working as an Engineer
Depending on the field of engineering, working as an engineer generally involves the following:
- Development of new products such as helicopters, aero planes, toys, power plants, computers and chemicals
- Supervision of production in factories and testing products from factories to maintain quality standards
- Estimation of the time and price required to finish projects
- Use of computers to create and evaluate designs
- Determination of the failures of components in factories
How much does an Engineer make in the United States?
Frequently asked questions
What are some prerequisite skills engineers should have?
Those who wish to pursue a career in engineering should have a high level of mathematical, scientific, mechanical and physics-related skills. While the four-year program develops these skills, prospective engineers should possess a natural affinity with these studies.
Who employs engineers?
Engineers may find employment within many different specialties. Civil engineers usually find employment through government agencies, environmental engineers through environmental agencies and other specializations may find a multitude of employment options.