What does an Instructor do?
There are several types of instructor, from driving instructors and fitness instructors to trainers and teaching instructors, but all of them involve imparting information to people in a clear and understandable way. Teaching, training and providing demonstrations are all part of an instructor role and there are several sectors and industries where instructors are a vital part of the business.
Working as an Instructor
- Meeting people to gain an understanding of their needs in order to provide relevant instruction
- Conveying information clearly and succinctly with a focus on making things memorable
- Devising teaching programs to share information in a logical and clear format
- Using feedback to refine and adapt instructional materials and delivery methods
- Providing your services through a range of mediums including face-to-face, online or via phone
How much does an Instructor make in the United States?
Frequently asked questions
How will I know what to teach as an instructor?
Some industries will have specific training programs for instructors that you will need to follow in order for your students to gain qualifications. But there are sectors where you will need to devise and deliver your own training programs, so good subject knowledge will serve you well.
Will I need any equipment to be an instructor?
Some roles will have a physical aspect which will require equipment, but other instructors can work online and only need an internet connection and a computer to be successful.