What does an Insurance Agent do?
The primary responsibility of an insurance agent is to sell life, health, car and property policies. An insurance agent should advance the products offered by the company to individual persons, companies, businesses and any other type of organization that may require services provided by the company.
Working as an Insurance Agent
The duties and responsibilities of an insurance agent include:
- Selling different kinds of insurance policies that are offered by the company.
- Making sure there is consistent communication with new clients.
- Conducting a thorough inspection when he/ she sells a property or car insurance.
- Making sure that new clients meet all the requirements set by the company.
- Coming up with new plans and customizing existing plans for different clients.
How much does an Insurance Agent make in the United States?
Frequently asked questions
What is the main difference between a broker and an insurance agent?
The main difference between a broker and an insurance agent is that an insurance agent works directly for the insurance company while an insurance broker is independent of the company and may promote products from different companies at the same time.
How does an insurance agent develop different packages for their clients?
To develop different packages, an insurance agent will consider the needs of every client and propose a product that suits that requirement.
As an insurance agent, what does risk management involve?
As an insurance agent, risk management involves the proper identification of risk. After the risk is identified, the insurance agent applies the most suitable economic solution that will minimize damage caused by the occurrence of an unfortunate event.