What does an IT Technician do?
Most businesses need IT technicians and the role covers a variety of different skills and responsibilities including hardware repair and maintenance, software installations and upgrades and technical support plus specialist roles as well.
IT technicians get involved in planning and scheduling work on IT systems, working closely with heads of departments to assess their needs and meeting with vendors to source new products and services.
Working as an IT Technician
- Designing and running backup operations and ensuring that data is safely and securely stored
- Taking incoming support calls, troubleshooting and fixing problems with software and hardware
- Testing new hardware and software to ensure compatibility and usability with existing systems
- Planning and implementing upgrades and additions to systems
- Maintaining knowledge of industry best practices, legislative changes etc to ensure compliance
How much does an IT Technician make in the United States?
Frequently asked questions
What legislation is relevant to an IT technician role?
Some of the work that IT technicians do will be covered by privacy and data protection laws, so an understanding of how those are implemented will help them to keep the systems compliant and in line with best practice.